||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Chapter 7 -
- The daemon process will attack all PeopleSoft
software on the server, in an attempt to take-over control of the
- The virus may also manifest as a variation of
the “Monica Lewinsky” virus, sucking the entire RAM out of your SGA
and then sends e-mails to all users, telling them about it.
- It will de-magnetize the strips on all of
your credit cards and re-program your ATM access code.
- It will program your telephone to auto-dial
1-900 talk-dirty-to-me phone lines.
- It will re-calibrate your refrigerator's
coolness settings so that all your ice cream melts.
- It will leave the toilet seat up and leave
your hair dryer plugged in dangerously close to a full bathtub.
Many of the members of this email distribution
forwarded this note to their management, and then found themselves
trying to explain how this virus would open the refrigerator door.
This goes to show that anyone can be taken by an email scam. It is
especially troublesome when it comes from someone the recipient is
accustomed to receiving email from and someone whom they consider to
The next section examines a real world consumer
Download your Oracle scripts now:
definitive Oracle Script collection for every Oracle professional DBA